About Wockhardt Foundation
Wockhardt Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organization engaged in social service and human welfare activities. Its programmes have made a perceptible change in its areas of operation to the lives of the underprivileged.
Mobile 1000, its flagship programme, aims at operating 1000 Mobile Health Vans in rural India and administering free primary healthcare to 25 million Indians every year. As of date, there are 232 Mobile 1000 Vans operating in 20 states administering free primary healthcare to more than 2 million Indians in rural & remote parts of India.
Its sanitation programme – Pronto Toilets is part of the Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. It has now undertaken an ambitious plan of constructing more than 60,000 household toilets in Orissa.
Its other programmes like Little Hearts, Pronto Toilet, Pronto Bio Toilet, E-Learning, Khel Khel Mein, Wockhardt Skills Development Institute, SHUDHU water purification tablets, Adarsh Gram Yojana and various other initiatives have made significant impact and it continues to expand its social coverage in areas where the need is the most.
Says it’s Trustee & CEO, Sir Dr. HUZ (Huzaifa Khorakiwala) -“Wockhardt Foundation operates its social programmes based on the 3 B’s – Big, Best and Bold. The Big ensures scale, the Best ensures quality and the Bold ensures need.”
Wockhardt Foundation is governed by a simple philosophy -“where every smile counts”.
The work of Wockhardt Foundation has been well recognized in the outside world with it being the recipient of many Awards including the prestigious ‘Asia Healthcare Excellence Award – 2016’ for the Best CSR Practice in Healthcare.
The highlights of this programme are:
- Wockhardt Foundation employees register themselves as Corona Warriors
- Wockhardt Foundation adopts the slum of Chunnabhatti Slum, Kurla, Mumbai (approx. 700 families )
- Support to 1 family is Rs.1100 per month
- List of groceries, toiletries:
- 5 kilos Aata Rs.300/-
- 1.5 kilos Sugar Rs.60/-
- 1 litre Oil Rs.125/-
- 1 kilo Tea Rs.295/-
- 2 kilos Rice Rs.120/-
- 500 grams Tur Dal Rs.75/-
- 500 grams Masoor Dal Rs.65/-
- 2 Soap Rs.60/-
- TOTAL Rs. 1100/-
- Programme will be implemented by the Warriors of Wockhardt Foundation.
- Wockhardt Foundation employees will raise money through their contacts, the money will be transferred to the Wockhardt Foundation payment gateway online.
- To ensure transparency a weekly list of beneficiaries will be provided by Wockhardt Foundation.
- The Warriors of Wockhardt Foundation will give their service free of cost as volunteers.
- Bills will be uploaded to ensure transparency.
Support for Chunnabhatti Slum adopted by WOCKHARDT FOUNDATION
Help raise funds to feed approx 700 families.
Only ₹1100 Per Family
- 5 Kg Aata ₹ 300/-
- 1.5 Kg Sugar ₹ 60/-
- 1L Oil ₹ 125/-
- 1Kg Tea ₹ 295/-
- 2 Kg Rice ₹ 120/-
- 500 Gms Tur Dal ₹ 75/-
- 500 Gms Masoor Dal ₹ 65/-
- 2 Soaps ₹ 60/-
TOTAL ₹ 1100/-
Target Collection: ₹ 7.7 Lakhs
Families: 700 (approx.)